Friday, July 1, 2011

Newest Sewing Project

Today I spent some time making two nursing cover ups. I found the tutorial here. For one cover up, it took a yard of nice cotton fabric, one package of D rings, 16" of boning and matching thread. Here is what I came up with. I love this fabric! (Kind of wish I had bought more than two yards of it.) I can't believe they sell these things for around 40 dollars! It cost one fourth that to make. It was not very hard, even for a beginner like me.


Here is a close up of the fabric. 


Here are a couple other projects I completed this week.


And this one that I did Chicken Scratch embroidery on the bottom. I used these stitch ideas and created my own design. I embroidered on cotton gingham cloth with embroidery floss, employing the use of an embroidery hoop.



Here is a close up of the bottom of the apron.


Squirt also embroidered an apron. I made the apron and she embroidered the hem and the waistband.


Here is a close up of her waistband.


And a close up of her hem.



Now off to try my hand at baby bibs and burp cloths! (Can you tell many of my friends are having or just had babies?)






No comments:

Post a Comment