Monday, November 15, 2010

He is our hope

As I hear of another sister-in-Christ going through yet another deep loss and mourning, my heart is heavy. So many things have weighed it down these days, there has been so much loss, sorrow and even rejection and my heart feels heavier with each one. But yet I know that His burden is light; which means that if my burden is heavy then it must belong at my Jesus' feet. It is there that I lay down my heavy burdens of hurts and heartaches and pick up His burden which IS light; for "He lifts the burdens from those bent down beneath their loads" (Psalm146:8)

So I will share with you a sweet encouragement that was given to me, literally in my midnight hour, it gave me encouragement, reminded me that I was not alone, and got my focus back where it needed to be- on Him.

Zechariah 9:12- Come to the place of safety, all you prisoners, for there is yet HOPE. I promise right now, I will repay you two mercies for each of your woes."

So in the words of my sweet friend (who has gone through more than I can ever imagine or comprehend in terms of pain, heartache, and trials)-

  "The Lord is our stronghold. He is our hope. Choose to be a prisoner of hope- not a prisoner of darkness." 

No comments:

Post a Comment