Sunday, December 5, 2010

All Time Favorite Children's Books (First Post)

I want to share with you one of my favorite children's books. It is called Good Morning Sweetie Pie: and Other Poems for Little Children by Cynthia Rylant. This book is a lovely collection of poems all written to the child and illustrated with beautiful watercolor pictures. My middle guy used to call it "Oatie O's" because the very first poem talks about a little guy being woken up from his dreams by his "dear-one" and eating "Oatie-O's". Cynthia is more well known for her  Henry and Mudge series or Poppelton series. I have enjoyed so many of Cynthia Rylant's books over the years with my children,  but this has to be my all time favorite. Lovely meter and sweet personal wording with sweet and gentle watercolors makes this book a joy to share over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment